Masatsugu Sakuyuki Masatsugu Authentic Samurai Sword – 866

Send email for a detailed inquiry



Blade length 77.51 cm
warp 2.02 cm
Moto haba / Width of the blade 30.3 mm
Motogasane / Thickness of the bottom part of the blade 6.8 mm
Saki Haba / Chip Width Strike 25.5 mm, Yokote position 21.7 mm
Sakigasane / Tick Nes of te bade Strike 6.4 mm Matsuba position 4.3 mm
Nail hole / mekugi ana 1 piece
Age Early Showa period
The early period of Showa era
Appraisal report Preserved sword certificate
Official Registration Document May 2, 1963 Tokyo Official Registration Document
Included Bare copper habaki
Aogai Sannuri Sheath Uchigatana
Price / Cost 980,000 Yen(FREE shipping all of the world)

The common name is Masatsugu Sakurai, and the second generation Munetsugu Koyama. Born in Araki-cho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo on April 8, 1897, as the second son of Masahisa Tanaka Seiryusai, he was adopted by Yasugoro Sakurai in 17th year of the Meiji era.
Learned swordsmithing from 13 to 22 years old under Kanji Tairyusai (Soji Koyama-Munehiro Tairyusai-Kanji), and in March 1887, Tenshin Okakura, principal of the Tokyo Academy of Fine Arts. However, in April 1891, when Tenshin Okakura was dismissed as the principal, he resigned and resigned, and the following month, Takafuku Sugacho, Shinjuku-ku, who was involved in the installation. The tombstone of Kiyomaro Yamaura of the temple has been completed.
The sword name “Swastika Shoji” was given by Watanabe Minamikaku of Ryuunji Temple in Hakusan, Bunkyo-ku, where Masatsugu learned Zen. The swordsmith was moved from the swordsmith in Nagata-cho, Chiyoda-ku to the precincts of Zuisenji Temple in Nikaido, Kamakura City in 1902, and was appointed by Prince Arisugawa Takehito, who was undergoing medical treatment in Kamakura at that time. .. In the 42nd year of the Meiji era, when he was summoned by Prince Arisugawa Takehito and moved to Maiko, Kobe, the swordsmith was named Nyojinden and his residence was Wolongan. Later, when he forged swords in Hiroshima, Shizuoka, etc., and in 1945, in the precincts of Munakata Shrine in Fukuoka Prefecture, his son Masayuki was mainly in charge. In 1945, he was invited to Ritsumeikan Nichiman Technical School and opened a swordsmith at the foot of Mt. Kinugasa in Kita-ku, Kyoto, and is presided over by Masayuki.
The disciples here include the later Living National Treasure, Masamine Sumitani.

This sword is a work in which finely kneaded plain-style skin is burned with bright and clear eyes that are based on small boiling points, and there are no notable disciplines, and a delicate sand stream can be seen on the blade edge when viewed in detail. Although it is a long length of 2 shaku, 5 inch and 5 minutes, it is well-balanced in the middle of the center of gravity and feels lighter than the actual weight.
Even with the current polishing condition, there is no problem in viewing the sword, but if you want to enjoy the changes in the base iron, we recommend careful polishing.

The attached sword is a scabbard sprinkled with blue shells, and it is a stylish one with a fine thread shooting roll, and it is firm without rattling, and the tsuba is attached with a rugged plain plate tsuba that seems to be Kunihiro. * The Preservation Sword Certificate will be posted as soon as it arrives from the Japan Art Sword Preservation Association.

Nude weight 845 grams. Weight 1,175 grams that was put in the sword and the sheath was removed.