|Blade length||63.4 cm|
|Moto haba / Width of the blade||29.4 mm|
|Motogasane / Thickness of the bottom part of the blade||6.7 mm|
|Saki Haba / Chip Width||23.6 mm|
|Sakigasane / Tick Nes of te bade||5.2 mm|
|Nail hole / mekugi ana||Three|
|Age||Late Muromachi period
Production age “AD1573-1591”
|Appraisal report||Preserved sword certificate
Special preservation sword orthosis certificate
|Official Registration Document||March 9, 1951 Tokyo Official Registration Document|
・ Copper bare metal habaki
・ Black wax-colored waist engraved sheath half sword fittings
|Price / Cost||¥ 1,800,000 （excluding tax and excluding shipping）|
From the end of the Muromachi period to the new sword period, there were several blacksmiths in Mino who were famous for the road, and Mutsu no Kami Yoshiyuki was famous among them, and there were 2, 4, 13 and 18 years in the era.
Also widely known as the father of the four brothers, Iga Morikindo, Echigomorikindo, Tanba Morikichi, and Echigomori Masatoshi as the ancestors of the Sanshin school, it is said that the swordsmith is also a swordsmith. The first inscription is cut with Kanemichi, and the sword is forged in the first Seki area. In the 12th year of Eiroku, the character “O” was given by the Emperor Ogimachi, and the name was changed from “Kanemichi” to “Omichi”, but the inscriptions at that time were cut as “Okanemichi” and “Mutsu no Kami Yoshiyuki”. It is presumed that “Mutsu no Kamiyoshi” was also received at the same time.
Mysteriously, Mino blacksmiths no longer use the “Kane” character in their names, except for some blacksmiths. For example, “Kanetsune” has been renamed to “Masatsune” and “Kanefusa” has been renamed to “Ujifusa”. It is presumed that it was changed to “Omichi”.
After that, he moved to Gifu. You can see the interaction between the two.
Around the second year of Bunroku, he went up with his four children, and after that he settled in the land of Yamashiro and forged a sword, giving birth to the Sanshin school.
In this work, the ground iron is well kneaded and clogged, the blade is lightly reflected and the skin is textured, and the blade with a bright and clear scent is baked in a large bay style. It is quite good as a work of the best of the road, and the attached black wax-colored waist carved scabbard half sword fitting is a piece of silver metal, and usually the abdominal band is closed and worn as a sword instead of a chestnut shape, in case of emergency It is made so that the abdominal band can be opened and used as a sword.
In addition, the notch on the waist is a luxurious structure wrapped with a whale beard, and the one-handed winding pattern has a brilliant shining of the Yanagisawa Hanabishi crest, which still shines with the prestige of the Yanagisawa family of the Yamato Koriyama domain. Shirasaya is a supplementary work only for the handle, which is often seen in Daimyo’s swords.
Outline of the Yanagisawa family,
Mr. Yanagisawa named the descendant of Mr. Kai Ichijo, a clan of Mr. Kai Genji, and became a vassal of Mr. Takeda, a guardian of Kai during the Warring States period, and became a member of the frontier samurai corps, Takekawa Shu, who was indigenous to the northwestern part of Kai Province. After that, in 1580, when Shin Yanagisawa broke the military decree when attacking Ueno Kunizen Castle and became seppuku, Nobukane Yokote, who was from Mr. Shu Takekawa and Aoki and succeeded the Yokote family, took the name of Nobukane. The name was changed to Nobutoshi Yanagisawa. After the destruction of Mr. Takeda, Nobutoshi served Ieyasu Tokugawa as a retainer of Takeda, and became a territory of Musashi Kokubachigata with the transfer of Ieyasu to the Kanto region. After Nobutoshi’s death, his son, Ankichi, succeeded the family and became the flagship of the Edo Shogunate, but in 1622, he became a vassal of Tadanaga Tokugawa, and became a ronin after Tadanaga’s reform. However, in the 17th year of Kan’ei (1640), Ankichi was ordered by the Shogunate to serve again, and served as the Hozoban and Honmaru Hiroshiki clerk, becoming the flagship of 430 bales, and continued as the Yanagisawa Soke. In addition, Ankichi’s second son, Yoshitsugu, was also ordered to serve in the 3rd year of Keian (1650), and became a small ten with the Tokugawa Ietsuna. It was often added to Nobutada’s child (adopted child) and became the flagship of 800 stones, and after that he continued to work for generations and reached the Meiji Restoration (Yanagisawa Yoshitsugu Yanagisawa, Yanagisawa Hachiroemon family).On the other hand, Nobutoshi’s fourth son, Yasutada, became a ronin after working as a vassal of Tadanaga Tokugawa, like his older brother, Ankichi, but later served Tsunayoshi Tokugawa, the lord of the Tatebayashi domain. His child, Yoshiyasu, was heavily used by Tsunayoshi, who became the fifth shogun, and after becoming a small door in Enpo 8 (1680), he was appointed as a side servant, a middle-aged man, and a senior man at that time. He led the shogunate. In addition, Yoshiyasu became a daimyo for the first time when he was sealed by the lord of the 70,000 stones of the Kawagoe Domain in Musashi Province in the 7th year of Genroku (1694), the same year as the inauguration of Rōjū. In the same 14th year (1701), Matsudaira’s surname was granted, and in the first year of Hoei (1704), only the Tokugawa clan became the lord of the Kofu clan, which had been the lord of 150,000 stones. When Tsunayoshi died in Hoei 6 (1709), Yoshiyasu wisely judged the current trends in the political situation and retired, and handed over the family to his son, Yoshiri. At that time, Yoshiyasu’s fourth son Tsunetaka and fifth son Tokimu were each given the territory of 10,000 stones in the form of internal division, and became the lord of Kofu Nitta. In 1724, when Kaiichi was transferred to the Koriyama Domain in Yamato Province due to the direct control of the Shogunate, Yoshiri became the first feudal lord of the Koriyama Domain, Mr. Yanagisawa. In addition, the Kofushinden domain was abolished due to the transfer of Kirisato to the Koriyama domain, and Keitaka was newly lord of the 10,000 stones of the Kurokawa domain in Echigo province, and Tokimushi was the 10,000 stones of the first Mikaichi domain in Echigo province. Became a feudal lord. After that, all three domains, including the Koriyama domain, survived until the Meiji Restoration.
With the Kazoku decree enacted in 1884, the last Koriyama feudal lord Hoshin became a count, and the last Kurokawa feudal lord Mitsukuni and the last Mikaichi feudal lord Tokutada became viscounts.
The Yanagisawa family and Mr. Takeda Takaya of the Takeda clan are closely related, and Yoshiyasu has revived the descendants of Shingen Takeda’s second son Ryuyoshi (Nobuchika Unno) as the Takaya Takeda family. In addition, Nobuyasu, the second son of Hoshin, was adopted by Takeda Takaya and succeeded the head of the family. Since then, his bloodline has not been interrupted.
Nude weight 523 grams. Weight 773 grams with pods removed.
We also accept split purchases with various credit cards and Cedyna shopping loans. Please feel free to tell us.