No cancellation fee, cancel any time
Click button below to make a payment.
Geisha Show In Kyoto
Maiko Show in Kyoto. Enjoy the dance & dinner show with kobe beef and kaiseki dinner.
Experience the exquisite beauty and elegance of a maiko dance. Your English-speaking guide will take you to the venue and explain all that you will see and do. During this journey into Japanese history, you will eat a fantastic dinner while a maiko dancer performs for you. As part of the performance, the dancer will teach you some popular games from Edo-period Japan. This tour can accommodate up to 10 guests. The dinner begins at 7:00 p.m. nightly and lasts about 2 hours.
Due to heavy demand, we may not be able to offer this special service by same-day booking. Please try to book in advance. Occasionally, we accept walk-ins for the geisha show but the spot is not guaranteed. For same-day reservations please contact us via email or phone. Thank you for your understanding.
*This activity needs cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Everything is explained and all questions are answered by an English-speaking expert
A delicious, multicourse dinner of traditional Japanese food
A maiko dance performance followed by traditional games
A chance to have your photos taken with a beautiful maiko
- Course A: Kobe beef dinner
- Course B: Kaiseki dinner
- Show: Traditional maiko dance with the shamisen & koto music
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Maiko are a perfect example of Japanese poise and charm. Maiko are apprentice geisha, and they are taught for years about how to perform music and dances, play games, and entertain guests. During this demonstration, you can experience a maiko performance while having a delicious traditional Japanese dinner in a tatami room. After the dance, you will have the opportunity to interact with the performer. Your expert guide will help you with your questions, and will explain as much of the history of maiko or elements of the performance that you want to know. You will also have a chance to play traditional games with the maiko performer, and you can preserve your memories of this wonderful evening in photos. This unforgettable evening awaits you!
Learning about a country through cultural workshops and activities will give you a better understanding of our intricate history, valued social principals and holistic way of life. By learning about Japan and its people, you will be immersed in different perspectives and approaches that are unique to this country. Maikoya offers you opportunities to understand this culture through local instructors and guides. There is no better way to learn about a new place from the viewpoints of those who grew up and live in this amazing country. What better way to spend a day than learning a traditional, beautiful new activity with a knowledgeable tutor in a picturesque setting? You wouldn’t find friendlier people to help you experience Japan in all its splendor.
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
*** Please let us know if you have any food allergies, Halal, vegan or vegetarian preferences.
***For this experience we need at least 3 guests to hold the activity
Disclaimer: This building used to serve as a geisha house; however, currently it is not a geisha house or Okiya. The geisha who is serving you is not someone who lived in Okiya for years. Maikoya’s main focus is promoting Japanese crafts and arts and Maikoya certainly does not follow the code of Kyoto or Tokyo geisha houses or affiliated with any okiya or geisha association.
IncludedGeisha (Maiko) dance showFree photo with MaikoDinnerOne glass of beer or beverage
Not IncludedTransportationHotel pickup and drop-off
Kimono Tea Ceremony Maikoya KyotoWe are a cultural experience venue located in the heart of Kyoto, the cultural capital of Japan. We pride ourselves on providing authenthinc experiences in Kyoto. Founded on the four main pricinples of tea ceremony (Harmony, respect, purity and tranquility) Maikoya has gained recognition among both locals and foreigners. Maikoya also recently has been selected as one of the best tea ceremony venues in Japan by Tripadvisor. Learning about a country through cultural workshops and activities will give you a better understanding of our intricate history, valued social principals and holistic way of life. By learning about Japan and its people, you will be immersed in different perspectives and approaches that are unique to this country. Maikoya Kyoto offers you opportunities to understand this culture through local instructors and guides. There is no better way to learn about a new place from the viewpoints of those who grew up and live in this amazing country. What better way to spend an afternoon than learning a traditional, beautiful new art form with a knowledgeable tutor in a picturesque setting? You wouldn't find friendlier people to help you experience Japan in all its splendour. We are located near Honnoji temple.
Our address is 〒604-8006 Kyoto Prefecture, 5F, Nakagyo Ward, Shimomaruyacho (Kawaramachidori), 407-2 ルート河原町ビル google map
Our phone number is 075-606-5303
Our email address is email@example.com
*** Please let us know if you have any food allergies, Halal, gluten-free, vegan or vegetarian preferences. Frequently Asked Questions FAQ
1. Do you accept walk-ins? Yes, we accept walk-ins. However, it is chepaer to book online and you may need to wait if you show up without a reservation especially during the peak season.
2. Do I need to wear a kimono? Traditional tea ceremony is usually conducted by wearing a kimono but since you may simply not be interested in it or you may be pregnant (earlier than 3rd trimester OK) we don’t require you to wear a kimono.
3. Do I need to sit on my knees all the time or I can sit comfortably? Can I sit on the chair? Yes you can sit comfortably without sitting on your knees. Yes we do provide chairs and desks if you need.
4. What is the etiquette for tea ceremony? Please remember to --take your shoes off, --be quiet and not talk to your partner throughout the ceremony, —not use your cell phone (we allow photos before and after) but ideally you should forget worldly and materialistic thoughts.
5. Do you have kimonos for kids? Yes, we do have small size kimonos for kids. Just let us know the age/height of your child in advance.
6. Do you have plus size kimonos? Yes we do have extra size kimonos. If you are a plus size please let us know when you reserve about your size.
7. Can I walk outside wearing the kimono for the rest of the day? Yes!
8. Do you provide any hairdo services? Yes (for females), we will make sure you look your best and your hair matches the traditional kimono style.
9. Do you only show activities or you explain the meanings, symbols etc? Of course we explain all the meanings and symbols. We also answer many questions you may have (what tis the relationship between zen and tea ceremony, what is the relationship between zen and shodo, what is the difference between Shinto and Buddhism, etc.)
10. Do you have a souvenir shop where I can get matcha tea, tea ceremony set, calligraphy set, etc. to remember my experience?. Yes we do.
11. Where can I buy a kimono? We can recommend you a few nearby shops that sell 2nd hand, upscale and economy kimonos, yukatas, samues and hakamas.