From ¥3000 ¥2000
Cancellation and refund policy
No cancellation fee, cancel any time
No cancellation fee, cancel any time
Fall Campaign Enter the coupon code "Leaves" for an ADDITIONAL 20% OFFOnline reservations only.
Click button below to make a payment.
School Trips and Educational Experiences in Kyoto, Osaka Tokyo Japan
Maikoya is a leading cultural experiences provided that owns and operates 3 distinctive facilities in Kansai (Tokyo branch coming soon). We run Kimono Tea Ceremony Maikoya Osaka, Kimono Tea Ceremony Kyoto and Kyoto Samurai & Ninja Museum. All of our facilities are walking distance from the downtown area and accessible on foot from the JR lines. Our tea ceremony was listed as the top tea ceremony service in Japan by Tripadvisor and our museum in Kyoto is currently the #1 museum in Kyoto.
We provide the following services for school trips
Arranging the Samurai & Ninja Action Pack (Kyoto)
- Visit the Kyoto Samurai & Ninja Museum, #1 museum and experience venue in Kyoto
- Take a tour on Japan’s history and learn more about the samurai and ninja
- Dress up like a samurai, hold the samurai sword
- Dress up like a ninja, throw ninja stars, chopsticks and use a blow gun like a ninja
- Do a treasure hunt/quiz to win surprise gifts
Cost: 2000 JPY per person . 3000 JPY per person when combined with tea ceremony.
Arranging 1/2 day Japanese Culture & Zen Workshop (Osaka, Kyoto or Tokyo)
- Explanation of Shintoism
- Explanation of Buddhism
- Explanation of Zen
- Zen meditation practice with singing bowls
- Zen Calligraphy explained
- A hands on Japanese calligraphy (shodo) experience. Students get to keep the souvenir artwork they create.
- The whole experience takes about 3 hours and the workshop is more like a hands on experience rather than a lecture. The instructor usually talks at the beginning and ending to make more sense of the symbols, meanings etc.
-Cost: 5000 JPY per person
Arranging 1/2 Day Japanese Culture Pack for Schools Package A (Osaka, Kyoto or Tokyo)
- Experience wearing a kimono. Learn the culture and history behind this thousand-year old tradition.
- Experience Japanese sweets making. Learn the subtle differences between Eastern and Western cooking. Realize the importance of seasons in Japanese culture.
- Experience Japanese origami. Hear the touching story of Sadako. Remember to focus, and wait until the very end to get the complete results.
- Experience kendama or furoshiki. Try a traditional Japanese toy. Learn more about the “mottainai” spirit of Japan.
-Cost: 5000 JPY per person
Arranging the City Scavenger Hunt (Available in Osaka, Kyoto, Tokyo)
Maikoya serves as a starting point and ending point of this fund day-long activity. Maikoya acquires the City Passes in advance and hands them out in the morning. Maikoya staff checks the goals completed in the afternoon. The winning teams (the earliest 3 teams) get surprise gifts. All teams do a relaxing cultural activity at after finish. This scavenger hunt is neither too difficult (solve multiple difficult problems to get the clue) nor too easy (e.g. take a picture at these 3 places). Ours is just in the middle. It is fun, informational and engaging.
-Cost: Approx 7500 JPY per person
Arranging 1/2 day Japanese Language and Japanese manners Workshop (Osaka, Kyoto or Tokyo)
- Japanese manners crash course. Etiquette and manners in temples, social norms, eating manners and simple unspoken social rules everyone knows about. You’ll find out why slurping is sometimes good but sometimes bad.
- Survival Japanese + common phrases + colors, numbers, dates. You need more than thousands of hours of study but after this crash course it would be much easier to have a small talk with Japanese people.
- Quiz and certificate
-Cost: Approx 6000 JPY per person
Arranging Elementary School or High School Visits (Free when ordered multiple packages)
(Near Fushimi Inari Shrine or near Himeji Castle)
-We Arrange the hour and date
-Your contact teacher shows your group the facilities, library, cafe and the food hall
-Students have their lunch at the food hall
-Students participate in a language class, paired by Japanese students and ask each other simple questions (hobbies, etc.)
Arranging Geisha Dance Show & Geisha Tea Ceremony
-Visit to the Gion Geisha Museum (2019) run by Maikoya
-Students are given a tour on the history of Geisha
-Difference between geisha, Maiko, Geiko explained
-Geishas cultural skills explained (tea ceremony, ikebana, etc.)
-Geishas training and lifestyle explained
-Gesha dance show (once a day) or Geisha tea ceremony observation (hourly)
-Cost: 3500 JPY per person
Arranging Friendly Guides Who Speak Perfect English
-Government licensed tour guides who follow the dress code
-Communicate with the tour guide well in advance or speak on Skype
-Get detailed itineraries in advance. Guide can prepare detailed itineraries for you
-Ask unlimited questions to your tour guides before or after
-Guides who teach simple origami and simple calligraphy on the tour
-Approx: 25,000 JPY/day
-PS: We are not a travel agency, you are not insured by us. We have a vast network of licensed tour guides.
Add on Services
-Kimono wearing experience
-Sushi making experience
-Takoyaki making experience
-Okonomiyaki making experience
-Wadaiko playing experience
-Zen garden making experience
-Japan based team building exercises
-Cost: Approx 3000 JPY per person per activity
Kyoto Samurai & Ninja Museum"Kyoto samurai & ninja museum. Kyoto's best rated samurai, ninja, martial arts and history museum. Our samurai souvenir gift shop also has swords, katana, tabi socks, tabi shoes. A samurai village and samurai house feeling including a ninja dojo inside the museum. The ninja park for kids and a separate kimono tea ceremony room for families also available. Samurai and Kyoto have always been associated throughout history. From the early Heian period to the collapse of the Tokugawa shogunate the samurai and ninja always roamed the streets of Kyoto. Now they are back! What is more, you can have a hands on experience including wearing a samurai armor, doing a shuriken (ninja star) throw and ninja blow gun. Japan's largest experience based museum dedicated to the glorious history of brave samurai warriors, everlasting ninja fighters and the martial arts. Located in the heart of Kyoto.
Address: Teramachi Utanokoji building 2F, 292, Higashidaimonjicho, Nakagyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan 〒604-8043 google map
After booking online you will get your voucher instantly via email!
Frequently Asked Questions FAQ
1- Is there a samurai show every day and every hour? Yes we continuously have samurai shows all the time. If sensei is not there, you are given voucher to come watch the samurai show on another day.
2- Is there are samurai gift shop in the museum? Yes, we have many samurai and ninja goods for sale.
3- Do you sell real or replica swords? Yes we sell both new and antique swords. We also ship them overseas for a small fee if you ask.
4- Do I need a reservation? We accept walk ins but it is cheaper to buy tickets online. Additionally, if you are visiting as a group, we can serve you better when we know what time you'll show up.
(2 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5)