No cancellation fee, cancel any time
Click button below to make a payment.
KYO ODORI 2020 Geisha Show Tickets
KYO Odori has been postponed. Please email us instead of make reervation from this page.
For geisha shows and geisha experiences that are held EVERYDAY please check: Gion Geisha Show & Experience
*This Geisha Show ticket price is ¥8800. The ticket fee includes the geisha show performance AND Guided Gion Walking Tour.
KYO ODORI includes
- The annual geisha dance show is a century-old tradition which was launched in 1950.
- Watching so many geisha (geiko) and maiko in various costumes on the stage makes this event a spectacular cultural experience. The geisha show is also a great opportunity to shoot memorable pictures.
- The geisha (geiko) performance will be held at the historic theater
- The ensemble consists of the dance performance of the Gion-district geisha. Gion district is considered to be the most prestigious geisha neighborhood.
- The geisha show lasts 1 hour.
- We recommend double checking your show time and coming to the venue 20 minutes early.
- You will pick your tickets at the Gion Geisha Show & Experience Maikoya
- The walking tour is held separately and it lasts for 45 minutes.
- The Gion walking tour is held at 2:30 and 4:30 everyday. The departure point for the walking tour is Gion Geisha Show & Experience Maikoya. You can join any walking tour on any day, by showing your digital voucher (the email you receive after reserving for this show).
- These tickets are hard to get and thus they are nonrefundable. Please make sure you can attend the show before you make the reservation.
To be able to watch this popular geisha show in Kyoto is a dream come true of a geisha fan or anyone who is interested in the culture and history of Japan. In this unique event, the geisha (geiko) and apprentice geisha (maiko) will perform various dances to depict the well-known Japanese novel “the tale of Genji.” The locals in Kyoto consider this event to be the the beginning of the exciting Spring season. There are multiple geisha dance events in Kyoto, but, locals prefer attending this special performance because the Gion geisha district is considered to be special
Geisha show, KYO Odori
Geisha show, KYO Odori
To the south west of the Gion districts is the district of Miyagawa Cho (宮川町). It came into existence due in part to its proximity to Yasaka Shrine, but more so to the Minamiza Theatre (南座) that sits at its northern entrance. Because of this Miyagawa Cho is known for its kabuki influence, and it’s on display each April during the Kyo Odori (京をどり). Meaning “Dances of the Capital,” it is a showcase of the up tempo kabuki style of dance and is considered a must see event for those visiting each spring. The symbol of Miyagawa Cho is three interlinked rings that symbolize a connection between the shrines, the tea houses, and the people who live there.