No cancellation fee, cancel any time
Click button below to make a payment.
Gold wine tasting in Kyoto
There are only few places in Japan where you can experience different kinds of wines of Japan in a traditional Japanese atmosphere. At Maikoya we will give you an opportunity to taste the unique Japanese white wine with edible gold flakes. This is an out of the world experience that you will remember for the rest of your life.
The pricing is for 2 people and 2 glasses of wine.
You get to wear the kimono costume like the ones in the picture.
Learning about a country through cultural workshops and activities will give you a better understanding of our intricate history, valued social principals and holistic way of life. By learning about Japan and its people through activities lessons such as tea ceremony, kimono dressing, Japanese cooking and the life of a samurai, you will be immersed in different perspectives and approaches that are unique to this country. Maikoya offers you opportunities to understand this culture through local instructors and guides. There is no better way to learn about a new place from the viewpoints of those who grew up and live in this amazing country. What better way to spend a day than learning a traditional, beautiful new activity with a knowledgeable tutor in a picturesque setting? You wouldn’t find friendlier people to help you experience Japan in all its splendor.
Not IncludedTransportationHotel pickup and drop-off
Kimono Tea Ceremony Maikoya KyotoWe are a cultural experience venue located in the heart of Kyoto, the cultural capital of Japan. We pride ourselves on providing authenthinc experiences in Kyoto. Founded on the four main pricinples of tea ceremony (Harmony, respect, purity and tranquility) Maikoya has gained recognition among both locals and foreigners. Maikoya also recently has been selected as one of the best tea ceremony venues in Japan by Tripadvisor. Learning about a country through cultural workshops and activities will give you a better understanding of our intricate history, valued social principals and holistic way of life. By learning about Japan and its people, you will be immersed in different perspectives and approaches that are unique to this country. Maikoya Kyoto offers you opportunities to understand this culture through local instructors and guides. There is no better way to learn about a new place from the viewpoints of those who grew up and live in this amazing country. What better way to spend an afternoon than learning a traditional, beautiful new art form with a knowledgeable tutor in a picturesque setting? You wouldn't find friendlier people to help you experience Japan in all its splendour. We are located near Honnoji temple.
Our address is 〒604-8006 Kyoto Prefecture, 5F, Nakagyo Ward, Shimomaruyacho (Kawaramachidori), 407-2 ルート河原町ビル google map
Our phone number is 075-606-5303
Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
*** Please let us know if you have any food allergies, Halal, gluten-free, vegan or vegetarian preferences. Frequently Asked Questions FAQ
1. Do you accept walk-ins? Yes, we accept walk-ins. However, it is chepaer to book online and you may need to wait if you show up without a reservation especially during the peak season.
2. Do I need to wear a kimono? Traditional tea ceremony is usually conducted by wearing a kimono but since you may simply not be interested in it or you may be pregnant (earlier than 3rd trimester OK) we don’t require you to wear a kimono.
3. Do I need to sit on my knees all the time or I can sit comfortably? Can I sit on the chair? Yes you can sit comfortably without sitting on your knees. Yes we do provide chairs and desks if you need.
4. What is the etiquette for tea ceremony? Please remember to --take your shoes off, --be quiet and not talk to your partner throughout the ceremony, —not use your cell phone (we allow photos before and after) but ideally you should forget worldly and materialistic thoughts.
5. Do you have kimonos for kids? Yes, we do have small size kimonos for kids. Just let us know the age/height of your child in advance.
6. Do you have plus size kimonos? Yes we do have extra size kimonos. If you are a plus size please let us know when you reserve about your size.
7. Can I walk outside wearing the kimono for the rest of the day? Yes!
8. Do you provide any hairdo services? Yes (for females), we will make sure you look your best and your hair matches the traditional kimono style.
9. Do you only show activities or you explain the meanings, symbols etc? Of course we explain all the meanings and symbols. We also answer many questions you may have (what tis the relationship between zen and tea ceremony, what is the relationship between zen and shodo, what is the difference between Shinto and Buddhism, etc.)
10. Do you have a souvenir shop where I can get matcha tea, tea ceremony set, calligraphy set, etc. to remember my experience?. Yes we do.
11. Where can I buy a kimono? We can recommend you a few nearby shops that sell 2nd hand, upscale and economy kimonos, yukatas, samues and hakamas.