Japanese tea ceremony in Osaka (casual clothes)
Casual clothes tea ceremony in Osaka by MAIKOYA. Traditionally the tea ceremony is best enjoyed by wearing yukata or kimono but we allow travelers to join the activity by wearing casual clothes. So you can still experience this superb cultural ritual in the heart of Osaka without changing clothes.
if you’d like you can reserve a PRIVATE tea ceremony here , or a tea ceremony session with wearing the kimono here .
We celebrate our most recent award from TripAdvisor as Japan’s Top Experiences, 2019, chosen by travelers’ reviews. We are the only tea ceremony venue in Japan receiving this award.
The tea ceremony is held in the traditional Japanese room conveniently located in downtown Osaka, walking distance from Dotonbori and 2 stops away from Umeda and Osaka Castle(OUR LOCATION). The ceremony itself takes no longer than 40 minutes and you can get done with everything within an hour. Our staff will explain the symbols and meanings in the tradition and then you will make and drink the Japanese matcha tea in an appropriate way led by the host. You will make a green tea (Matcha) in an ancient style tea ceremony room.
Japanese Tea Ceremony Workshops are held at the Edo-style Room of Maikoya Osaka. In this workshop, a qualified instructor will walk you through step by step of traditional tea ceremony. This is a ritual-like activity where ceremonial tea is prepared and presented to promote well-being, mindfulness and harmony. It is also called the Way of the Tea. The tea itself is a powdered green tea and is called Matcha.
The activity involves
- Traditional tea ceremony led by the friendly host
- Symbols and meanings explained
- Drinking matcha green tea in a traditional room
- Eating Japanese sweets
*Create fantastic memories of your trip to Japan
*Opportunities for taking photographs will be highlighted throughout
*Special experience of Japanese culture
*Enjoyable experience with children
*Learning about the history of Japanese culture
What can you expect in this Tea Ceremony Workshop? We show off cultural activities with a difference!
- A friendly host will explain the correct etiquette and symbolism for this ceremony
- Wagashi sweets are served during this ritual
- Held in a traditional tearoom with beautiful historic decor
- Opportunities for taking photographs will be highlighted throughout
Your workshop will include:
- An introduction to the Japanese tea ceremony and associated rituals
- This is taught by a friendly instructor who speaks English
- You will be encouraged to try traditional green matcha tea and Japanese styled sweets
- Only traditional tea ceremony utensils will be used
- The workshop will be taught to a small class of 6 or so people
- Relax in a classroom decorated in traditional Japanese décor and architecture
- Explanations of the ceremony’s history and technique
Learn Japanese culture with all of your senses – especially your your own of wonder!
You can easily book now on this page. There is no cancellation fee and no fee for changing the dates/hours. Adult pricing applies to all travelers
***Children must be accompanied by an adult
*** Please let us know if you have any food allergies, Halal, vegan or vegetarian preferences.
It’s a feast to the eyes, to your ears and mind when a person preparing the hot water. Listening as the water dancing against the hot cast iron. It’s like a river murmuring. Incense would be lit and the smoke travels across your eyes like a silver dragon flying across the sky. She paused briefly as she flexed her wrist signifying the end of cleansing the bamboo ladle. So beautiful and therapeutic to gaze at. Her every move freezes time, space in all dimensions. You forget all your earthly frivolous needs…
We are confident that this experience will be your best souvenir from Japan. You can easily make a reservation now by choosing the best date for you. Additionally, if you’d like you can reserve a PRIVATE tea ceremony here , or a tea ceremony session with wearing the kimono here .