No cancellation fee, cancel any time
Kimono Tea Ceremony & Japanese Kaiseki Dinner in Tokyo
When visiting Maikoya Tokyo, there are many opportunities for experiencing traditional Japanese activities. You do not want to miss having Kiseki cuisine in Japanese restaruran with beautiful garden. Kaiseki means a formal style of Japanese food.
Fist, you will have tea ceremony at Maikoya Tokyo. Tea ceremony and kimono experience in Tokyo by award-winning tea house MAIKOYA. We offer traditional Japanese green tea ceremony and kimono wearing experience in English every hour at our conveniently located venue. We have many beautiful kimonos to choose from and our staff will make sure you look your best in a kimono before partaking in once in a lifetime tea ceremony experience.
Our tea house used to be in Kyoto Fushimi Inari and recently moved to central Tokyo; now only walking distance from Shinjuku, Harajuku, Meiji Jingu Shrine and a stop away from Shibuya and Tokyo(OUR LOCATION). We allow our guest to choose private tea ceremony or small group sessions and select from so many designs and styles of kimonos in our collection. Our friendly staff will explain everything in plain English.
After that, you will have Kaiseki cuisine which will be served in popular Japanese restauran which is just 3minutes on foot from Maikoya Tokyo. Kaiseki lunch or dinner is very popular now. Historicaly, they are served before the tea ceremony. Kaiseki includes a menu of one soup and some dishes made with a variety of fresh seasonal ingredients.
Kaiseki Dinner Information
- The lunch can be enjoyed anytime between 17:00 PM ~ 19:00 PM (Your reserved time session is for KIMONO TEA CEREMONY MAIKOYA TOKYO. Please double check your reserved session and show up on time. This is the directions to Maikoya )
- The restaurant is a 5 minute walk from Maikoya and the staff will give you clear directions
- The menu has no nuts and no pork. However, if you are vegetarian or gluten-free, the menu may not suit your needs.
- The restaurant has been rated as the top 10% in Kyoto on major review sites.
- The restaurant has a very authentic feeling with traditional design and two small gardens.
- Kaiseki meal is a Japan-only experience with nicely decorated seasonal dishes cooked in 5 different styles (cooked, boiled, steamed, fried and pickled).
- The menu includes fish, soup, fried vegetables, rice, pickles and dessert.
- Since Kaiseki meal changes every season, the menu slightly varies, but the service and the dishes usually look like the picture above.
The restarurant is used for Mansion of famous beautician. You can enjoy historical architecture. Also, they have beautiful Japanese garden.
From the moment you choose your kimono and have the professional staff wrap it the proper way you will be enveloped by the tradition and spirit of the lunch. As you are immersed in the event, you will find yourself transported to a different time. The traditions of the Maiko reach back to the 17th century. Experience for yourself the rituals that make the kimono lunch so memorable. The Kyoto kimono lunch is available for both visitors and residents. You will never think of lunch in the same way.
- Choose the colors and details of your kimono.
- An introduction to the Japanese tea ceremony and associated rituals
- This is taught by a friendly instructor who speaks English
- You will be encouraged to try traditional green matcha tea and Japanese styled sweets
- Explanations of the ceremony’s history and technique in simple English
- Enjoy Kaiseki cuisine which is the traditional fresh seasonal foods served in the multiple course meal at popular Japanese restaurant
- Take pictures in beautiful Japanese garden
Please note that our cancellation policy is of one week before, otherwise we will charge you a cancellation fee as below.
* 10% of your total amount will be charged if you cancel from 7 to 3 days prior to your reservation date.
* 50% of your total amount will be charged if you cancel from 3 to 1 days prior to your reservation date.
* 100% of your total amount will be charged if you cancel from 1 day prior to your reservation date.
IncludedKimono costumeGreen tea and waterUtensilsEnglish Speaking tea masterHairdo for ladiesTraditional Japanese roomJapanese style backdropsExplanations about the steps, meanings, zen philosophy and the subtle traditions related to tea ceremonyKaiseki cuisinehistorical Japanese restaurant with beautiful garden
Not IncludedTransportationHotel pickup and drop-off