Online Zen Meditation Zazen LIVE from Kyoto
Meditation has always been a benefit for calming the soul of an anxious mind, especially in the time of uncertainty. Earlier in 2020, a pandemic broke the normal life and practices people knew, but Maikoya has found a means to share the sacred way of ancient enlightenment through online zen training. This online event will be live straight from Kyoto, where traditional practices still thrive even today. Also this special virtual zen meditation is PRIVATE meaning you or your team members will be the only ones to join.
This zazen meditation retreat is led by a zen monk. During the online zen training, people will learn a calming meditation session right by the tea garden of Maikoya as can be seen in the picture below. The meeting is one’s online zendo, which can be done in any comfortable area of the person’s home. This will be a 45-minute session that includes small talk about the importance of acceptance, the art of letting go, and mindfulness taught by the monk, which will be interpreted by an English-speaking Maikoya staff live.
Zazen is a discipline that will be learned through breathing exercises, body scanning, and silent meditation with the use of the Japanese singing bowl known as rin. In this virtual zen training, people will be soothed and relaxed while discovering the serenity of the world built by zen. Let the Maikoya class be one’s zen center meditation. This zen retreat is highly recommended for individuals, corporations, team building activities, university lectures, and special occasions.
This activity lasts around 60 minutes and includes
- Talk about the zen philosophy by a zen monk from Kyoto
- Breathing exercises and the body scan
- Silent meditation
- Questions and answers about the zen thinking, mindful awareness and the harmony in Japanese culture
How to Book our Online Zen Meditation Training
- Step 1: Please reserve via this page. We will send you a confirmation email.
- Step 2: We will email you a link to the online video call 24 hours prior to your meeting. Just click on the link at your reserved time slot and enjoy the experience!
Or just send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the title: Online Reservation
* Please always reserve at least 24 hours in advance.
* We ask for your cooperation in refraining from recording the zoom session in full.
* Since this is a private zen session, the price is the same for 1 person or for 100 people.