No cancellation fee, cancel any time
Click button below to make a payment.
Osaka 1 Daily Tour for Food Lovers (From Kyoto)
This tour is ideal for food lovers.
You will use public transportation or taxi/tour bus.
Osaka 1 Daily Tour for Food Lovers – Itinerary
① Sake Tasting and cooking class at maikoya Osaka
＋ Sake brewery tour (optional/additional fee)
Sake brewery is famous in Kobe, but southern part of Osaka also do have good sake. You can go into the brewery and learn how sake are made. You can taste the freshly brewed sake!
② Making food samples at Dotonbori
In the same building for food museum, you can experience making “Takoyaki sample” (2,000 yen/45min). Why won’t you make some “to-go takoyaki” to bring it back home?
③ Kuromon market
You can find fresh and high quality seafoods, fruits, and meats at good price. The must-buy dishes are sashimi (fresh raw fish) rice bowl and Japanese-produced beef!
Kyoto Tours are available on a daily basis.
Kyoto tours are guided by government licenced and certificated tour guides in Kyoto.
Kyoto Tours usually departs from Maikoya Kyoto at 10am in the morning.
Kyoto Tours usually returns to Maikoya Kyoto at 6pm in the evening
Kyoto Tours costs ￥3000 per person ( Minimum of 10 guests, we accept small groups too)
Kyoto Tours had an additional cost of ￥400000 if a private van is needed. Kyoto Tours had an additional cost of ￥900000 if a tour bus is needed.
Kyoto Tours can be adjusted based on your specific needs and desires.
Kyoto Tours participants are allowed to keep their belongings at Maikoya Kyoto (Depends on the group size)
Kyoto tour itineraries may slighly change based on the weather and season.
Kyoto Tours also provides tours without tour guides.
Kimono Tea Ceremony Maikoya KyotoWe are a cultural experience venue located in the heart of Kyoto, the cultural capital of Japan. We pride ourselves on providing authenthinc experiences in Kyoto. Founded on the four main pricinples of tea ceremony (Harmony, respect, purity and tranquility) Maikoya has gained recognition among both locals and foreigners. Maikoya also recently has been selected as one of the best tea ceremony venues in Japan by Tripadvisor. Learning about a country through cultural workshops and activities will give you a better understanding of our intricate history, valued social principals and holistic way of life. By learning about Japan and its people, you will be immersed in different perspectives and approaches that are unique to this country. Maikoya Kyoto offers you opportunities to understand this culture through local instructors and guides. There is no better way to learn about a new place from the viewpoints of those who grew up and live in this amazing country. What better way to spend an afternoon than learning a traditional, beautiful new art form with a knowledgeable tutor in a picturesque setting? You wouldn't find friendlier people to help you experience Japan in all its splendour. We are located near Honnoji temple.
Our address is 〒604-8006 Kyoto Prefecture, 5F, Nakagyo Ward, Shimomaruyacho (Kawaramachidori), 407-2 ルート河原町ビル google map
Our phone number is 075-606-5303
Our email address is email@example.com
*** Please let us know if you have any food allergies, Halal, gluten-free, vegan or vegetarian preferences. Frequently Asked Questions FAQ
1. Do you accept walk-ins? Yes, we accept walk-ins. However, it is chepaer to book online and you may need to wait if you show up without a reservation especially during the peak season.
2. Do I need to wear a kimono? Traditional tea ceremony is usually conducted by wearing a kimono but since you may simply not be interested in it or you may be pregnant (earlier than 3rd trimester OK) we don’t require you to wear a kimono.
3. Do I need to sit on my knees all the time or I can sit comfortably? Can I sit on the chair? Yes you can sit comfortably without sitting on your knees. Yes we do provide chairs and desks if you need.
4. What is the etiquette for tea ceremony? Please remember to --take your shoes off, --be quiet and not talk to your partner throughout the ceremony, —not use your cell phone (we allow photos before and after) but ideally you should forget worldly and materialistic thoughts.
5. Do you have kimonos for kids? Yes, we do have small size kimonos for kids. Just let us know the age/height of your child in advance.
6. Do you have plus size kimonos? Yes we do have extra size kimonos. If you are a plus size please let us know when you reserve about your size.
7. Can I walk outside wearing the kimono for the rest of the day? Yes!
8. Do you provide any hairdo services? Yes (for females), we will make sure you look your best and your hair matches the traditional kimono style.
9. Do you only show activities or you explain the meanings, symbols etc? Of course we explain all the meanings and symbols. We also answer many questions you may have (what tis the relationship between zen and tea ceremony, what is the relationship between zen and shodo, what is the difference between Shinto and Buddhism, etc.)
10. Do you have a souvenir shop where I can get matcha tea, tea ceremony set, calligraphy set, etc. to remember my experience?. Yes we do.
11. Where can I buy a kimono? We can recommend you a few nearby shops that sell 2nd hand, upscale and economy kimonos, yukatas, samues and hakamas.