Tour to Sumo Stable and Watch Sumo Morning Training!
¥8550 / person (+ tax)
Another 10% OFF for 10 or more people
Sumo is a traditional Japanese sport based on Shinto belief. It’s like “Japanese wrestling” where one tries to force their opponent out of the ring or force any part of his body to touch the ground. Sumo wrestlers train very hard from early in the morning. You can go visit a Sumo stable and watch the training up close (as long as you follow the rules of the stable.) You will see the strongest guys practice!!
8:15 am – 10:15 am (2.0 hours)
*Finish time can be different day by day, it depends on the season and the stable.
*Please check the calendar to see the availability.
- ・This is a group tour.
- ・We will leave at 8:15 am sharp, so please make sure to be there on time!
- ・There could be a delay at when the tour ends, if you have an appointment or plan
right after this tour, please let us know in advance.
- ・Only guests 12 years or older can enter the stable.
- ・There is no price for children.
【Sumo Stable Rules】
- The Sumo stable is not a sightseeing spot, so you have to follow their rule!!
• Please Sit on the floor and silently watch them practice.
– (You can cross your legs)
• Please do not spread your feet or show the soles of your feet towards the ring.
• You cannot enter with skimpy clothes.
• You are supposed to stay till the end of the morning practice.
– (Practice will end around 10:00 am – 10:15 am.)
• No eating nor drinking is allowed inside the stable.
• Please do not stand up or move around inside the stable.
• Please make sure your mobile phone is on silent.
• When you take pictures, please do not use flash and turn off the shutter sound.
• Please do not talk.
• Please do not take videos while inside the stable.
• Please take off any sunglasses or hats.
*In case of an emergency, there is a restroom inside the stable, please let us know.