No cancellation fee, cancel any time
Click button below to make a payment.
Geisha Show Tickets at the Minamiza Theater – MIYAKO ODORI
This geisha show is held only between April 1 ~27, 2020, for a geisha show that is held EVERYDAY please click (HERE : Gion Geisha Show & Experience Maikoya)
This geisha show ticket price includes the Gion Walking Tour by Maikoya.
- This is the 2020 Miyako Odori geisha (geiko) and maiko dance performance with the participation of many geisha and maiko from the Gion Geisha District.
- This annual geisha dance show is a century-old tradition which was launched in 1872.
- Watching so many geisha (geiko) and maiko in various costumes on the stage makes this event a spectacular cultural experience. The geisha show is also a great opportunity to shoot memorable pictures.
- The geisha (geiko) performance used to be held at Gion Kobu Kaburenjo but recently moved to the historic Minamiza theater, famous for its kabuki shows.
- The ensemble consists of the dance performance of the Gion-district geisha. Gion district is considered to be the most prestigious geisha neighborhood.
- The geisha show is held at the Minamiza Theater and lasts 1 hour.
- We recommend double checking your show time and coming to the venue 20 minutes early.
- There are several types of seats, this particular ticket you are buying is on the 3rd stage and the cheapest available ticket. If you’d like to buy tickets that are right in front of the stage and sell for about $120, please let us know via email.
- You will pick your tickets at the Gion Geisha Show & Experience Maikoya which is about 2-minute walk from the Minamiza Theater.
- The walking tour is held separately and it lasts for 45 minutes.
- The Gion walking tour is held at 2:30 and 4:30 everyday. The departure point for the walking tour is Gion Geisha Show & Experience Maikoya. You can join any walking tour on any day, by showing your digital voucher (the email you receive after reserving for this show).
- These tickets are hard to get and thus they are nonrefundable. Please make sure you can attend the show before you make the reservation.
To be able to watch this popular geisha show in Kyoto is a dream come true of a geisha fan or anyone who is interested in the culture and history of Japan. In this unique event, the geisha (geiko) and apprentice geisha (maiko) will perform various dances to depict the well-known Japanese novel “the tale of Genji.” The locals in Kyoto consider this event to be the the beginning of the exciting Spring season. There are multiple geisha dance events in Kyoto, but, locals prefer attending this special performance because the Gion geisha district is considered to be special.
Kyoto Samurai & Ninja Museum"Kyoto samurai & ninja museum. Kyoto's best rated samurai, ninja, martial arts and history museum. Our samurai souvenir gift shop also has swords, katana, tabi socks, tabi shoes. A samurai village and samurai house feeling including a ninja dojo inside the museum. The ninja park for kids and a separate kimono tea ceremony room for families also available. Samurai and Kyoto have always been associated throughout history. From the early Heian period to the collapse of the Tokugawa shogunate the samurai and ninja always roamed the streets of Kyoto. Now they are back! Japan's largest experience based museum dedicated to the glorious history of brave samurai warriors, everlasting ninja fighters and the martial arts. Located in the heart of Kyoto.
Address: Teramachi Utanokoji building 2F, 292, Higashidaimonjicho, Nakagyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan 〒604-8043 google map
After booking online you will get your voucher instantly via email! Frequently Asked Questions FAQ 1- Is there a samurai show every day and every hour? Yes we continuously have samurai shows all the time. If sensei is not there, you are given voucher to come watch the samurai show on another day. 2- Is there are samurai gift shop in the museum? Yes, we have many samurai and ninja goods for sale. 3- Do you sell real or replica swords? Yes we sell both new and antique swords. We also ship them overseas for a small fee if you ask. 4- Do I need a reservation? We accept walk ins but it is cheaper to buy tickets online. Additionally, if you are visiting as a group, we can serve you better when we know what time you'll show up.