No cancellation fee, cancel any time
Click button below to make a payment.
Geisha Show Tickets 2020 MIYAKO ODORI – Minamiza Theater
The Best Geisha Dance Show in Kyoto, 2020 Miyako Odori, will be held between April 1 ~April 27, 2020. For geisha shows and geisha experiences that are held EVERYDAY please check: Gion Geisha Show & Experience
*This Geisha Show ticket price is ¥8800. The ticket fee includes the geisha show performance AND Guided Gion Walking Tour.
- The annual geisha dance show is a century-old tradition which was launched in 1872.
- Watching so many geisha (geiko) and maiko in various costumes on the stage makes this event a spectacular cultural experience. The geisha show is also a great opportunity to shoot memorable pictures.
- The geisha (geiko) performance used to be held at Gion Kobu Kaburenjo but recently moved to the historic Minamiza theater, famous for its kabuki shows.
- The ensemble consists of the dance performance of the Gion-district geisha. Gion district is considered to be the most prestigious geisha neighborhood.
- The geisha show is held at the Minamiza Theater and lasts 1 hour.
- We recommend double checking your show time and coming to the venue 20 minutes early.
- There are several types of seats, this particular ticket you are buying is on the 3rd stage and the cheapest available ticket. If you’d like to buy tickets that are right in front of the stage and sell for about $120, please let us know via email.
- You will pick your tickets at the Gion Geisha Show & Experience Maikoya which is about 2-minute walk from the Minamiza Theater.
- The walking tour is held separately and it lasts for 45 minutes.
- The Gion walking tour is held at 2:30 and 4:30 everyday. The departure point for the walking tour is Gion Geisha Show & Experience Maikoya. You can join any walking tour on any day, by showing your digital voucher (the email you receive after reserving for this show).
- These tickets are hard to get and thus they are nonrefundable. Please make sure you can attend the show before you make the reservation.
To be able to watch this popular geisha show in Kyoto is a dream come true of a geisha fan or anyone who is interested in the culture and history of Japan. In this unique event, the geisha (geiko) and apprentice geisha (maiko) will perform various dances to depict the well-known Japanese novel “the tale of Genji.” The locals in Kyoto consider this event to be the the beginning of the exciting Spring season. There are multiple geisha dance events in Kyoto, but, locals prefer attending this special performance because the Gion geisha district is considered to be special.
Geisha Experience Gion MAIKO CHAYAWe are a cultural experience venue located in the heart of Kyoto,Gion the cultural capital of Japan. We pride ourselves on providing authenthinc experiences in Kyoto, Gion. Founded on the four main pricinples of tea ceremony (Harmony, respect, purity and tranquility) Maikoya has gained recognition among both locals and foreigners. Maikoya also recently has been selected as one of the best tea ceremony venues in Japan by Tripadvisor. Learning about a country through cultural workshops and activities will give you a better understanding of our intricate history, valued social principals and holistic way of life. By learning about Japan and its people, you will be immersed in different perspectives and approaches that are unique to this country. Maikoya Gion offers you opportunities to understand this culture through local instructors and guides. There is no better way to learn about a new place from the viewpoints of those who grew up and live in this amazing country. What better way to spend an afternoon than learning a traditional, beautiful new art form with a knowledgeable tutor in a picturesque setting? You wouldn't find friendlier people to help you experience Japan in all its splendour.
Our address is Japan, 桜花 ビル 3F, 576 Gionmachi Minamigawa, Higashiyama Ward, Kyoto, 605-0074 Take Exit 6 at the Gion Shijo Station google map
Our phone number is 075-741-7554
Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org