Honeymoon in Tokyo Japanese Wedding Dress Photo Shoot + Special Lunch
Special Combination Tickets for Wedding Kimono Dressing Up and Kaiseki (Japanese traditional meal)
When visiting Tokyo, there are many opportunities for experiencing traditional Japanese activities including the perfect wedding dress photo shoot. You do not want to miss having Kaiseki cuisine in a Japanese restaurant with a beautiful garden. Kaiseki means a formal style of Japanese food.
Fist, you will experience wearing Japanese traditional wedding kimono and will be a photo taken. Second, You will participate in the tea ceremony at Maikoya Tokyo. Tea ceremony and kimono experience in Tokyo by award-winning tea house MAIKOYA. We offer traditional Japanese green tea ceremony and kimono wearing experience in English every hour at our conveniently located venue. We have many beautiful kimonos to choose from and our staff will make sure you look your best in a kimono before partaking in once in a lifetime tea ceremony experience.
Our tea house used to be in Kyoto Fushimi Inari and recently moved to central Tokyo; now only walking distance from Shinjuku, Harajuku, Meiji Jingu Shrine and a stop away from Shibuya and Tokyo(OUR LOCATION). We allow our guests to choose a private tea ceremony or small group sessions and select from so many designs and styles of kimonos in our collection. Our friendly staff will explain everything in plain English.
After that, you will have Kaiseki cuisine which will be served in a popular Japanese restaurant which is just 3 minutes away from Maikoya Tokyo. Kaiseki lunch or dinner is very popular now. Historically, they are served before the tea ceremony. Kaiseki includes a menu of one soup and some dishes made with a variety of fresh seasonal ingredients.
Kaiseki Lunch Information
*This event requires to reserve three days prior. If your dates are not desirable please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The lunch can be enjoyed anytime between 11:30 AM ~ 14:00 PM (Your reserved time session is for KIMONO TEA CEREMONY MAIKOYA TOKYO. Please double check your reserved session and show up on time. This is the directions to Maikoya )
- The restaurant is only 5 minutes away from Maikoya and the staff will give you clear directions
- The menu has no nuts and no pork. However, if you are vegetarian or gluten-free, the menu may not suit your needs.
- The restaurant has been rated as the top 10% in Kyoto on major review sites.
- The restaurant has a very authentic feeling with traditional design and two small gardens.
- Kaiseki meal is a Japan-only experience with nicely decorated seasonal dishes cooked in 5 different styles (cooked, boiled, steamed, fried and pickled).
- The menu includes fish, soup, fried vegetables, rice, pickles, and dessert.
- Since Kaiseki meal changes every season, the menu slightly varies, but the service and the dishes usually look like the picture above.
Wedding Kimono Dressing and Photo Shoot
This once-in-a-lifetime traditional Japanese experience includes:
- Wearing the coolest wedding kimono for men
- Wearing a beautiful wedding kimono including hairdo and hairpins for ladies
- Traditional Japanese tea ceremony
- Drinking matcha green tea
- Eating wagashi Japanese sweets
- A unique traditional experience with the combination of kimono wearing, zen, harmony, perfectionism, minimalism, meditation, Japanese green tea, and Japanese sweets
We are so glad that you are interested in the Japanese style of the wedding. Historically we as Japanese had only this Shinto style of wedding dress. As time goes, the western style of the wedding spread to Japan and many Japanese women liked to have the style of the wedding instead of the Japanese style. You can try the western style of the wedding almost anywhere, but the place you can experience with a Japanese wedding style wedding is only Japan.
For traditional Japanese weddings, brides start by wearing an ensemble known as shiromuku. Shiro means white in Japanese. The white ensemble is worn for the wedding ceremony, and the color shows its pureness, cleanliness, and virginity. The white color is like a blank canvas. This means brides will accept their husbands’ values as for her new life starting.
We will prepare all the needs for dressing you up with the wedding kimono. Only you need is just bring YOURSELF.
Please contact us “email@example.com” if you have any questions.
We are happy to hear from you.
Please note that our cancellation policy is of one week before, otherwise we will charge you a cancellation fee as below.
* 10% of your total amount will be charged if you cancel from 7 to 3 days prior to your reservation date.
* 50% of your total amount will be charged if you cancel from 3 to 1 day prior to your reservation date.
* 100% of your total amount will be charged if you cancel from 1 day prior to your reservation date.