No cancellation fee, cancel any time
PREMIUM Tea Ceremony in Taikoen Garden by Maikoya
The best rated kimono tea ceremony in Osaka.
- Traditional tea ceremony
- Drinking green tea and eating Japanese sweets
- Wearing a Kimono (Yukata in the summer season)
- The best cultural experience with the combination of kimono, meditation, harmony, matcha and Japanese sweets
You will make a green tea (Matcha) in an ancient style Japanese tea ceremony room wearing Kimono. We are the only facility in Osaka to provide tea ceremony services on a daily basis. We are the highest ranked tea ceremony facility in Osaka. We accept walk-ins but it is better to reserve online if you don’t like to wait. In this workshop, a qualified instructor will walk you through step by step of traditional tea ceremony. This is a ritual-like activity where ceremonial tea is prepared and presented to promote well-being, mindfulness and harmony. It is also called the Way of the Tea.
Instead of sitting on the floor, we also give you an option to do the tea ceremony performed by sitting on a chair (It is called Ryurei-shiki in Japanese). Please mention the number of people who will need chairs when booking. You will see a box titled “order notes.”
Your workshop will include:
- An introduction to the Japanese tea ceremony and associated rituals
- This is taught by a friendly instructor who speaks English
- You will be encouraged to try traditional green matcha tea and Japanese styled sweets
- Only traditional tea ceremony utensils will be used
- The workshop will be taught to a small class of 6 or so people
- Relax in a classroom decorated in traditional Japanese décor and architecture
- Explanations of the ceremony’s history and technique
- Not only watching the demonstration but actually performing the ritual
Learn Japanese culture with all of your senses – especially your sense of wonder!
Minimum of 3 people required for booking.
IncludedKimono costumeGreen tea and waterUtensilsSamurai ShowroomEnglish Speaking tea masterHairdo for ladiesExplanations about the steps, meanings, zen philosophy and the subtle traditions related to tea ceremony
Not IncludedTransportationHotel pickup and drop-off