No cancellation fee, cancel any time
Click button below to make a payment.
Samurai & Ninja Museum Ticket
Guided tour of the museum + ninja experience + samurai experience + samurai show. Approximately 60 minutes. 98% satisfaction rate.
Your ticket includes:
- Guided tour of the Kyoto Samurai & Ninja Museum: Explanation of the samurai and ninja history by a knowledgeable tour guide in ENGLISH
- Ninja experience: Throwing ninja stars and using a blowgun (without full ninja outfit)
- Samurai experience : Dressing up like a samurai, wearing a real samurai helmet and holding a metal samurai sword
- Samurai show: We hold samurai sword demonstration multiple times a day
P.S: If you are interested in special ninja training, special samurai training experiences or the tea ceremony combo ticket, please check other events on HERE
Samurai and Kyoto have always been associated throughout history. From the early Heian period to the collapse of the Tokugawa shogunate the samurai and ninja always roamed the streets of Kyoto. Now they are back! The samurai and ninja museum brings back the history and helps you to have a glimpse of these heroes’ glorious lives. What is more, you can have a hands on experience including wearing a samurai armor, doing a shuriken (ninja star) throw and using a ninja blowgun all in one place, all included in the tour.
- A knowledgeable tour guide will walk you through the rooms of the samurai and ninja museum and explain everything you wondered about these heroes in plain English. You will learn when the samurai and ninja emerged, what kind of weapons they used, what is their armor made of, what is their sword made of and etc..
- The tour is well organized and fun.
- Your tour guide will teach you about the history of samurai in Kyoto.
- The museum gives you a hands-on samurai experience and ninja experience.
- You will get to throw shurikens (ninja stars, use a blowgun and throw chopsticks)
- You will have a chance to put on a samurai helmet and a light samurai armor like the ones shown in the photos below
- You will watch a samurai sword demonstration by a sword master, some days we also show such as ninja vs. samurai
- You will also get to hold and pose with a number of different kinds of replica swords as seen in the pictures
- This activity is included in the fee, there is no additional charge. You can take many Instagram worthy photos
- We are located right by the NISHIKI MARKET, literally the center of the city.
Additionally, if you want to use a real samurai sword and chop tatami mats you can reserve for that experience by paying a small fee here .
This activity takes place inside the samurai museum that is located in the heart of Kyoto right next to the world-famous Nishiki Market (OUR LOCATION)
About Samurai & Ninja tour:
You get a tour of the museum that is full of ancient artifacts, authentic samurai swords and tons of replica armors from the feudal Japan. You also get a tour of the ninja exhibitions. Being Japan’s largest experiential museum, the venue also provides kimono and yukata experiences, tea ceremony services and zen meditation services in case you have a friend or a family member who is coming along. You can have this experience on any day of the year. If you would like to do the activity outside the museum, please drop us a message as we have several dojos as well. Don’t forget to check out the samurai and ninja gift shop inside the museum, the only English-speaking place in downtown Kyoto that sells real samurai swords, antique samurai armors in addition to ninja tabi-socks.
- Learn the history of samurai, ninja and Japanese culture led by an English speaking guide
- Get a hands-on ninja experience (shuriken throwing and blowgun)
- Try the samurai armor and hold the samurai sword katana
- Enjoyable experience with children. Photos help you remember your adventure, and you can share the fun with friends and family
A brief history of Samurai:
The word samurai is Japanese, but people from all over the globe are familiar with the term. Universally associated with bravery, martial and military skills and above all else, honor, samurai were part of the military caste in feudal Japan. The samurai have been a part of the Japanese culture from the time of their rise to power around in the 11th century to 1868 when the government abolished the feudal system. The samurai were so admired for their dedication and adherence to the samurai code that ordinary Japanese citizens began to incorporate the ideals of respect, loyalty, and honor into everyday society. The weapons and armor changed over the years, but the samurai are closely connected to the traditional long sword called a katana. They also carried a short sword or knife known as a tachi. Wearing a katana and a tachi combination was called daisho. The daisho became the hallmark of the Samurai. The two swords represented the path of the samurai. The katana was the symbol for fighting a righteous battle, and the daisho was a reminder of personal honor. The Samurai may not roam Japan anymore, but the spirit and dedication to the samurai code of ethics remains.
Book Guided Samura & Ninja Museum with Experience Ticket Now (You will get instant confirmation)
Not IncludedTransportationHotel pickup and drop-off
Kyoto Samurai & Ninja Museum"Kyoto samurai & ninja museum. Kyoto's best rated samurai, ninja, martial arts and history museum. Our samurai souvenir gift shop also has swords, katana, tabi socks, tabi shoes. A samurai village and samurai house feeling including a ninja dojo inside the museum. The ninja park for kids and a separate kimono tea ceremony room for families also available. Samurai and Kyoto have always been associated throughout history. From the early Heian period to the collapse of the Tokugawa shogunate the samurai and ninja always roamed the streets of Kyoto. Now they are back! Japan's largest experience based museum dedicated to the glorious history of brave samurai warriors, everlasting ninja fighters and the martial arts. Located in the heart of Kyoto.
Address: Teramachi Utanokoji building 2F, 292, Higashidaimonjicho, Nakagyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan 〒604-8043 google map
After booking online you will get your voucher instantly via email! Frequently Asked Questions FAQ 1- Is there a samurai show every day and every hour? Yes we continuously have samurai shows all the time. If sensei is not there, you are given voucher to come watch the samurai show on another day. 2- Is there are samurai gift shop in the museum? Yes, we have many samurai and ninja goods for sale. 3- Do you sell real or replica swords? Yes we sell both new and antique swords. We also ship them overseas for a small fee if you ask. 4- Do I need a reservation? We accept walk ins but it is cheaper to buy tickets online. Additionally, if you are visiting as a group, we can serve you better when we know what time you'll show up.