Sweets Making & Kimono Tea Ceremony in OSAKA
Wagashi making & Kimono Tea ceremony. You will make a Japanese confectionery and Matcha tea (green tea). You can experience the tea ceremony with the confectionery you made and beautiful Kimonos!
Japanese sweets making experience in Osaka. This course consists of
A) Japanese seasonal confectionery making
B) Green Tea
C) Tea Ceremony – You can eat the confectionery that you made
D) Wearing beautiful Kimono!
And Have Lots Of Fun!
In this workshop, you will have an opportunity to wear traditional Japanese dress; Kimono, taste the green matcha tea and eat unique Japanese sweets specifically made to match the tea’s flavor. All workshops will be in English and will last around 90 minutes in a traditionally decorated room. This is a once in a lifetime event to experience an activity that has been practiced for hundreds of years.You will not only enjoy the calming tea ceremony activity but also get a hands on experience of Japanese cooking and Japanese sweets making. What is best, Japanese sweets change season to season, so, you are likely to have a very unique cultural activity for sure.
Japanese Tea Ceremony Workshops are held at the the Edo-style Room of Maikoya Osaka. This is a brand new tourist and entertainment complex in the popular Shinsaibashi shopping area, Osaka. At the end of the workshop, you can continue with a range of other activities and workshops at Maikoya Osaka or hang out at the relaxing Maiko Cafe to create a Japanese cultural experience you will not ever forget.
In this workshop, a qualified instructor will walk you through step by step of a customary Japanese meal. There are a range of different cooking courses for you to choose from, including lunch, dinner and confectionery classes. The last one is very unique as Japanese desserts have a distinctive flavor as the history of cooking in Japan didn’t include processed sugar till only a few hundred years ago. You will learn even more about the flavors of Japan, as well as the range of utensils used and explanation of the techniques required, while cooking a great meal as well!
The Japanese Cooking Workshop provides you will a once in a life time experience: learning traditional Japanese dishes from local cooks in Japan! Osaka is considered the food capital in Japan and there are many appetizing dishes from the area for you to try. Not only will you get to eat this delicious food, but learn how to make it yourself so you can make a feast back at home!
What can you expect in this Tea Ceremony Workshop? We show off cultural activities with a difference!
- Kimono experience
- A friendly host will explain the correct etiquette and symbolism for this ceremony
- Try traditional food and drink given during this ritual
- Held in a traditional tearoom with beautiful historic decor
- Opportunities for taking photographs will be highlighted throughout.
- Wearing Kimono
- An introduction to Japanese sweets making and basic information about wagashi
- This is taught by a friendly instructor who speaks English
- The instructor is a professional who has had years of training in the Japanese Tea Ceremony
- You will be encouraged to try traditional green matcha tea and Japanese styled sweets
- Only traditional tea ceremony utensils will be used
- The workshop will be taught to a small class of 6 or so people
- Relax in a classroom decorated in traditional Japanese décor and architecture
- Explanations of the ceremony’s history and technique will be explained described
- Located in the Maikoya Osaka building in central Osaka
- If you give notice, guides can pick you up from your chosen train station in Osaka.
*Try a diverse range of ingredients and flavours unique to Japan
*A friendly host will explain and demonstrate correct cooking techniques
*Held in a Japanese styled kitchen
*Opportunities for taking photographs will be highlighted throughout
*Special experience to cook wearing Kimono.
Learn Japanese culture with all of your senses – especially your your own of wonder!
Children are welcome for this course, however since there will be something dangerous such as hot stoves and sharp knives in a kitchen room, they must be given strict parental supervision.
Please let us know if you have any food allergies, Halal, vegan or vegetarian preferences.
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Adult pricing applies to all travelers