No cancellation fee, cancel any time
Click button below to make a payment.
Samurai experience and tea ceremony experience
This is a great combo pack for those who are interested in Kyoto culture. You will do both the traditional Japanese tea ceremony experience and samurai experience in the samurai museum (about 8 minute walk from the tea ceremony venue). The ticket covers both samurai experience and the Kyoto tea ceremony experience at Maikoya.
The ticket includes:
*Tea Ceremony at Kyoto Maikoya (Traditional tea ceremony experience + Japanese sweets + explanation of tea ceremony and zen)
*Samurai Museum visit (Guided tour + samurai dress up + samurai lesson + ninja star throw)
NOTE: Please show up at the KIMONO Tea Ceremony venue first. After the tea ceremony experience we will give you directions on how to get to the Kyoto Smaurai & Ninja museum (8 minute walk from the tea ceremony venue)
!!This ticket is good for tea ceremony with casual clothes. If you’d like to wear a traditional Japanese kimono please choose that add on option from the menu
Samurai and Kyoto have always been associated throughout history. From the early Heian period to the collapse of the Tokugawa shogunate the samurai and ninja always roamed the streets of Kyoto. Now they are back! The samurai and ninja museum brings back the history and helps you to have a glimpse of these heroes’ glorious lives. What is more, you can have a hands on experience including wearing a samurai armor, doing a shuriken (ninja star) throw and using a ninja blowgun all in one place, all included in the tour.
Kimono Tea Ceremony Maikoya KyotoWe are a cultural experience venue located in the heart of Kyoto, the cultural capital of Japan. We pride ourselves on providing authenthinc experiences in Kyoto. Founded on the four main pricinples of tea ceremony (Harmony, respect, purity and tranquility) Maikoya has gained recognition among both locals and foreigners. Maikoya also recently has been selected as one of the best tea ceremony venues in Japan by Tripadvisor. Learning about a country through cultural workshops and activities will give you a better understanding of our intricate history, valued social principals and holistic way of life. By learning about Japan and its people, you will be immersed in different perspectives and approaches that are unique to this country. Maikoya Kyoto offers you opportunities to understand this culture through local instructors and guides. There is no better way to learn about a new place from the viewpoints of those who grew up and live in this amazing country. What better way to spend an afternoon than learning a traditional, beautiful new art form with a knowledgeable tutor in a picturesque setting? You wouldn't find friendlier people to help you experience Japan in all its splendour. We are located near Honnoji temple.
Our address is 〒604-8006 Kyoto Prefecture, 5F, Nakagyo Ward, Shimomaruyacho (Kawaramachidori), 407-2 ルート河原町ビル google map
Our phone number is 075-606-5303
Our email address is email@example.com
*** Please let us know if you have any food allergies, Halal, gluten-free, vegan or vegetarian preferences. Frequently Asked Questions FAQ
1. Do you accept walk-ins? Yes, we accept walk-ins. However, it is chepaer to book online and you may need to wait if you show up without a reservation especially during the peak season.
2. Do I need to wear a kimono? Traditional tea ceremony is usually conducted by wearing a kimono but since you may simply not be interested in it or you may be pregnant (earlier than 3rd trimester OK) we don’t require you to wear a kimono.
3. Do I need to sit on my knees all the time or I can sit comfortably? Can I sit on the chair? Yes you can sit comfortably without sitting on your knees. Yes we do provide chairs and desks if you need.
4. What is the etiquette for tea ceremony? Please remember to --take your shoes off, --be quiet and not talk to your partner throughout the ceremony, —not use your cell phone (we allow photos before and after) but ideally you should forget worldly and materialistic thoughts.
5. Do you have kimonos for kids? Yes, we do have small size kimonos for kids. Just let us know the age/height of your child in advance.
6. Do you have plus size kimonos? Yes we do have extra size kimonos. If you are a plus size please let us know when you reserve about your size.
7. Can I walk outside wearing the kimono for the rest of the day? Yes!
8. Do you provide any hairdo services? Yes (for females), we will make sure you look your best and your hair matches the traditional kimono style.
9. Do you only show activities or you explain the meanings, symbols etc? Of course we explain all the meanings and symbols. We also answer many questions you may have (what tis the relationship between zen and tea ceremony, what is the relationship between zen and shodo, what is the difference between Shinto and Buddhism, etc.)
10. Do you have a souvenir shop where I can get matcha tea, tea ceremony set, calligraphy set, etc. to remember my experience?. Yes we do.
11. Where can I buy a kimono? We can recommend you a few nearby shops that sell 2nd hand, upscale and economy kimonos, yukatas, samues and hakamas.