Japanese Origami Workshop
Welcome to the Japanese Origami Workshop page by Maikoya Osaka. We pride ourselves on providing authentic Japanese cultural experiences to tourists and residents alike. Learning about a country through cultural workshops and activities will give you a better understanding of our intricate history, valued social principals and holistic way of life. By learning about Japan and its people, you will be immersed in different perspectives and approaches that are unique to this country. Maikoya Osaka offers you opportunities to understand this culture through local instructors and guides. There is no better way to learn about a new place from the viewpoints of those who grew up and live in this amazing country. What better way to spend an afternoon than learning a traditional, beautiful new art form with a knowledgeable tutor in a picturesque setting? You wouldn’t find friendlier people to help you experience Japan in all its splendour.
The Japanese Origami Workshop offers you with easy steps and guidance in Japan’s most popular art form. This one is a favourite for adults and kids alike, origami is an art form where paper is folded to create a range of shapes including animals, flowers or people. This workshop is run by a professional master in Japanese paper folding who will teach you the steps and techniques to make these delicate pieces. Have you ever made a crane out of paper before? You will after completing this workshop! This is a great experience for families as children enjoy making these paper creations. They feel a huge amount of pride from completing these origami projects with easy to master techniques by themselves. Of course, this goes for any of those young at heart as well!
Under the direction of origami instructors, you will have a go at creating your own Japanese paper artwork to take home as a memento of your experience. You will be encouraged to use traditional washi paper and techniques that have been developed over hundreds of years. All classes will be in English and will last around 90 minutes in a traditionally decorated room. You will have a collection of beautiful and delicate origami pieces that you can take home and show your friends. You will also have an opportunity to learn how paper folding became popular in historic Japan. Explanation of why certain images, like cranes, are revered through the telling of Japanese folk tales. A workshop in origami that describes important historic and symbolic references!
What can you expect in this Japanese Origami Workshop?
- A friendly tutor will teach a range of paper folding techniques
- They will also explain Japanese origami art and historic influences
- You can have a go at a range of paper folding creations
- You can take the origami you produce as a memento of your workshop
- Held in a traditionally styled room with beautiful historic decor
- Opportunities for taking photographs will be highlighted throughout.
Japanese Origami Workshops are held at the Osaka Experiences section of the Maikoya Osaka Centre. This is a brand new tourist and entertainment complex in the popular Shinsaibashi shopping area, Osaka. At the end of the workshop, you can continue with a range of other activities and workshops at Maikoya Osaka to create a Japanese cultural experience you won’t ever forget.
Why choose a Feel Osaka workshop experience? We show off cultural activities with a difference!
Your workshop will include:
- An Introduction to Japanese origami or paper folding
- This is taught by a friendly instructor who speaks English
- The instructor is a professional who has had years of training in origami
- All necessary art supplies will be provided, including traditional washi paper
- The workshop will be taught to a small class of 6 or so people
- You will be inspired in a classroom decorated in traditional Japanese décor and architecture
- The cultural roots and symbolism explanation will be included in your instruction
- The paper art pieces you create can go home with you as a souvenir
- Located in the Maikoya Osaka building in central Osaka
- If you give notice, guides can pick you up from your chosen train station in Osaka.
Learn Japanese culture with all of your senses – especially your sense of wonder! Book today!